Nov | 10
Find yourself snoozing by second period? Not anymore. Let the Barbizon experts give you the tips you need to boost your energy and get rid of the midday blahs:
- STRETCH: Try doing some simple stretching or yoga for 10 minutes right when you get out of bed.
- EAT BREAKFAST: Studies show that eating breakfast gives you the energy you need to keep going until lunch. Be sure to include some protein and carbohydrates like eggs and whole-wheat toast.
- BREATHE: If you’re feeling sleepy in class, take some deep breaths and focus on your breathing.
- H20: Make sure you drink lots of water during the day to keep you hydrated.
- AVOID SUGAR: Try to avoid eating too much sugar. Replace that candy bar with a piece of fruit or some plain yogurt and almonds.
- ME TIME: It’s important for you to carve out some “me time” nightly for you to clear your head. Keep a journal, meditate, or take the time to organize yourself for the next day.
- GET YOUR ZZZZ’s: Your body can’t function properly without enough sleep. Aim for at least 7-8 hours and be sure to turn off the TV and cell phone before bed.