Oct | 10
Oct | 10
1. HUMIDITY: Blame the weather. Humidity enters hair, especially curly hair and changes the curl pattern. This leaves hair frizzy and full of flyaways. After shampooing, apply a leave-in conditioner, and don’t rinse it out.
2. CHLORINE: Too much chlorine can make hair feel like straw. Be sure to rinse hair with fresh water as soon as possible after you swim.
3. STAND-UP ROUTINE: Unless you’ve slept on it funny, hair that stands on end is probably caused by a wacky growth pattern called cowlick. Use get to tame.
4. BRUSH BLUES: The wrong brush can really ruin your “do.” To add fullness to straight hair, use a jumbo round brush. To straighten wavy hair, try a half-round styling brush. Limp hair gets a lift at the roots from a vent brush. Never brush curly hair. Scrunch curls with your fingers instead.
5. HOT STUFF: Are you a member of the frequent dryer club? Let your hair air-dry sometimes and have split ends trimmed often.
6. SNACK ATTACKS: Your diet does affect your hair. Choose nutritious foods for nutritious hair.
7. STICKY SITUATIONS: The wrong styling product, or too much product, can really make a mess of your hair. Remember, less is more.
8. USING THE WRONG SHAMPOO: If your hair is curly, don’t use shampoos designed to add volume. Read labels and pick your cleansing products with care.
9. NOTHING COULD BE FINER: Baby-fine hair can cause any look to go limp — especially in the heat. Opt for a great cut that gives you more body like layers.
10. A CUT BELOW: If you’ve recently changed your hairstyle, you may have some trouble working with it at first. Get some ideas from the stylist before leaving the salon.
Oct | 10
Here are some hair dos and don’ts from the Barbizon experts:
1. Avoid tight styles like ponytails. They will cause breakage.
2. Never use a rubber band. Always use cloth-covered bands.
3. Avoid over exposure to the sun. If you can’t avoid it, use a leave-in conditioner and spray it through the hair periodically. Leave-in conditioners tend to have UV protectors in them.
4. Do not use a brush on wet hair. The hair is at its weakest point when wet and it will severely damage it.
5. Limit your use of flat irons, curling irons, and blow dryers.
6. Fight frizz with a silicone based serum. They are non-greasy and usually contain added vitamins.
Want more Barbizon Tips? Click here for the 411.