Jan | 11
Jan | 11
Here are a just few Barbizon Tips for a healthier you in 2011. Let us know what makes you feel healthy.
1. Start cutting back on junk food, adding more nutritional foods gradually.
2. Be very careful to avoid buying junk food at lunch. Don’t be afraid to pack a lunch. It’s better for you.
3. If you are eating more than 5 candy bars a week, cut out at least one. The same for soft drinks.
4. Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet.
5. Walk everywhere you can.
6. Instead of TV or video games, go bowling, biking, or swimming. Stay active.
7. Go to bed at the same time every night.
Jan | 11
It’s 2011 and time to start thinking about getting in shape. As a model, actress, or performer, it is important to be healthy and fit. Proper exercise, nutrition, water intake, supplementation, and sleep are vital in obtaining these goals. The foundation of any well-rounded fitness program should contain the following components:
AEROBIC / CARDIO TRAINING: Cardovascular conditioning is any exercise that gets you to your target heart rate for a sustained period of 20 to 30 minutes. Examples include walking, jogging, and swimming. You should do cardo a minimum of 3 times per week.
RESISTANCE / WEIGHT TRAINING: Resistance / weight training is any exercise that uses weights or body-weight to strengthen or build muscles. Examples include push-ups, sit-ups, bands, dumbbells, or weight machines. You should do resistance / weight training 3 times per week including upper and lower body.
FLEXIBILITY / STRETCHING TRAINING: You should keep your muscles loose and limber in order to avoid injury. Exercises that are good for this are yoga, dance, and pilates.
SLEEP: You body needs time to rebuild, recharge, and recoup. Sleep is the only way this can happen. You should aim for at least eight hours of sleep per night.
To learn more about Barbizon Fitness, visit our website or call the Barbizon in your area.
Nov | 10
Find yourself snoozing by second period? Not anymore. Let the Barbizon experts give you the tips you need to boost your energy and get rid of the midday blahs:
Nov | 09
There are a lot of hidden fats, excess salt and calories in restaurant food. Yes, it is delicious; however, many chefs marinate chicken breasts overnight in an oil-based sauce or serve high portions of other items like baked potatoes. Many restaurants serve enough pasta to feed you for a week or they might add butter to the rice recipe. Use the waiter or waitress as your spokesperson to the chef to help eliminate hidden fats.
Here are a few tips for eating out:
1. USE YOUR PLATE AS A PIE CHART AND DIVIDE IT INTO THIRD. Each third should contain a protein, complex carbohydrates and high fiber veggies.
2. BE SPECIFIC WHEN ORDERING. Ask for your meal to be cooked without butter or oil.
3. ORDER FROM THE APPETIZER MENU or ask for smaller portions if you know the entree is huge, or split the meal with a friend.
4. CHOOSE HEALTHY RESTAURANTS which you know offer better choices, like seafood restaurants that you know can grill or broil fish. Stay away from restaurants that only offer fried foods or deli meats.
5. CHOOSE BAKED, BROILED, STEAMED, GRILLED OR CHARBROILED ENTREES and always ask for any sauce on the side … or none at all.
6. DO NOT SKIP MEALS. You must plan ahead especially if you are traveling.
7. WATCH OUT FOR HIGH FAT CONDIMENTS like bacon, cheese, butter, oil, mayo, sour cream, etc.
8. GET IN THE HABIT OF ORDERING WATER.
9. TAKE THE REST HOME FOR ANOTHER MEAL.
If you like what you see here, you’ll love it in OUR WORLD.